Are there any pills to strengthen weak bones?

Dr. Keith Baldwin
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Calcium and vit D

Though the specific dose should be recommended by your doctor. Additionally, weight bearing exercise (walking, light weights) will help provide mild stress to the bones that they need to grow stronger. Stronger medicine exists for patients whose bone is already critically weak, but vitamin/ mineral and protein supplementation along with healthy exercise is first line.

In brief: Calcium and vit D

Dr. Keith Baldwin
Dr. Keith Baldwin
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Vitamin D

Vitamin d to me is my favorite if you are deficient.
I am not a fan of the bisphosphonates like the Fosamax type of drugs. I find there are too many side effects of these other meds and not sure the risk/reward ratio is worth it. That is my personal opinoin, feel free to discuss with your internist or rheumatologist.

In brief: Vitamin D

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass