Will I be ok by myself the day after shoulder arthroscopy surgery?

Dr. Tandy Freeman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

You should ask your surgeon as it depends on the nature and extent of the procedure being performed.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Tandy Freeman
Dr. Tandy Freeman
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Could be

Depends on how you function with your arm in a sling.
You can give it a trial run before surgery. Any question best to have someone to call in case of emergency.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Shoulder

You will be okay the day after. It really depends on how extensive the surgery is and how much pain you have.

In brief: Shoulder

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Mark Cantieri
Pain Management

In brief: Assistance

You would benefit from having help available the first several days after the arthroscopy.
Depending on how much work is done on the shoulder the amount of pain may very from moderate to possibly marked.

In brief: Assistance

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Dr. Mark Cantieri
Dr. William Forsythe