What kind of exercises can a total knee replacement patient do?

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Low impact
There are really no restrictions on what one does after a replacement if one follows basic common sense and avoids any activity that produces undue stress on the knee.

In brief: Low impact
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Almost anything
The only thing i tell my patients to avoid is jogging and running exercise.
This is due to the increased potential wear or damage to the plastic bearings or loosening of the metal implant from the cement and bone. Bicycling, golf, tennis, swimming, skiing, dancing, walking, ellipticals, treadmills, efx, low weight terminal extension weight lifting machines, palates, yoga, & tai chi are all good.

In brief: Almost anything
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine