What is done during rotator cuff repair/arthroscopic surgery?

Cuff sutured to bone. The rotator cuff is identified arthroscopically and instruments are used to suture the rotator cuff. These sutures are used to secure the rotator cuff to the bone. Some sutures are attached to anchors, the anchors are placed into the bone. The sutures are tied down to or impacted into the bone to complete the repair.
Repair the tendon. There are 4 muscles which make up the rotator cuff. The muscles are attached to bone by a tendon, which we refer to as the cuff. With a tear, the tendon pulls away from the bone. Surgery will repair the cuff back to the bone. This can usually be done through arthroscopic surgery and small incisions.