What are the symptoms of septic hip bursitis?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: ?

Septic means caused by a bacterial infection which is quite rare in my experience over the last ~35 years reaular old hip bursitis is pretty common at the greater trochanter where muscles attach at side of hip /if it were septic it would be red/ hot / swollen/ and very painful and it would need prompt medical attention maybe even surgery /the other kind respondes pretty well to cortisone inject.

In brief: ?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Swelling pain

There is more than one bursitis site around the hip.
The most common birsa is the trochanteric bursa. This is on the side of the pelvis. There can be pain, swelling, redness, warmth in the area.

In brief: Swelling pain

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil