What all happens during a partial knee replacement?

Surfaces restored. When one side of your knee joints cartilage wears down, you can resurface the end of the bone with a femoral implant made of cobalt chrome and a tibial component made of titanium and polyethylene. These implants are secured to the bone with a special cement. Precision installation is the key to long term success. Robotics has made this a reproducibly excellent joint retoring procedure.
Only parts of the kn. In partial replacements usually the medial or the lateral tibiofemoral joint is replaced; the indications for this are limited.