How do I know if shoulder replacement surgery is the best thing for me?

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Joint replacement is not to be taken lightly.
No man made joint will work as well as what you were born with. When pain and dysfunction start to affect quality of life, joint replacement surgery becomes a reasonable option. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, who specializes in shoulder replacement surgery. Overall, the function and pain relief are quite good.

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Ask your surgeon

First, find a surgeon who performs the procedure regularly.
If still unsure, have a 2nd opinion. Remember, pain is most important consideration, and all forms of non-op treatment should be tried.

In brief: Ask your surgeon

Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Dr. Shawn Hennigan