How difficult is a total knee replacement?

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Depend

Difficulty of doing a knee replacement depends on the surgeon; anyone who does about a hundred replacements every year should have no problems doing a virgin replacement.

In brief: Depend

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Requires skill

I am a total knee replacement specialist and have devoted my career to total and partial knee replacement and all the technical aspects of getting the job done as precisely and beautifully as possible, for each person's unique knee situation.
While for me it is not "hard to do anymore", I pride myself on doing the best job possible for each individual, so they can have the best possible outcome.

In brief: Requires skill

Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Difficulty

Actually very easy to perform, i've done thousands of them. From patient perspective, be prepared to work hard with therapy.

In brief: Difficulty

Dr. Vicken Poochikian