After a knee reconstruction on my ACL & meniscus. How long will it take for me to be able to play sports?

Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: 8-9 months
Return to cutting sports after acl reconstruction is currently a controversial topic.
It takes 7-8 months after reconstruction for a autograft (your own tendon) to reincorporate, and it takes 8-9 months after an allograft (donor tendon) to reincorporate. Retear rates after early return to sports is higher, so a conservative 8-9 months is recommended.

In brief: 8-9 months
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: About 6 months
You should expect to get back to full activity around 6 months if all goes well.
Many patients will take a year to fully recover.

In brief: About 6 months
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine