I have high cholesterol (genetic, i'm healthy 25yr old), should I be careful of my egg consumption? I'm vegetarian & enjoy the source of protein

Pathology
In brief: I would not worry
Vegetarianism is a moral choice and I'm glad you are allowing yourself eggs -- this is important in keeping you healthy.
If your hypercholesterolemia is familial (as mine is), you'll probably be on meds by the time it matters, and in the meantime I'd rather you simply stay fit than try a dietary modificaiton that will probably not matter much and make your life less easy & enjoyable.

In brief: I would not worry
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Eggs & cholesterol
Eggs aren't the cholesterol villains we once believed because whites contain lecithin, which helps emulsify the fat.
Docs generally recommend limit of couple a week. Alternative: eggbeaters, which are primarily whites with bit of yolk for color. Some brands advertise their eggs are lower in cholesterol (but they're higher in price). Doc may advise statin med to help lower cholesterol.

In brief: Eggs & cholesterol
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Phil Chen
In brief: Not necessary
The causes of high cholesterol could be generic or diet.
There's a lot of food we eat will cause elevated cholesterol, such as red meats, seafood, cheese and carbohydrate etc. You need to see a doctor to get a check up with blood work to rule out other causes. Your doctor could give you detail diet information.

In brief: Not necessary
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Phil Chen
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology