Is it true that cortizone (hydrocortisone) can help acne heal? Is it ok if I try that?

Pathology
In brief: Poor idea
It will make it better for a day or so and then it will probably get worse.
Even in a dysfunctional health care system, you have a right to have your acne controlled. I start with cheap topical Clindamycin with or without a retinoic acid derivative. If this fails, i move to one of the systemic antibiotics that's right for that person. Dermatologists have big guns. Good luck.

In brief: Poor idea
In brief: No it can not
Avoid putting any topical steroid on your face.
Medications for acne that are also over the counter include benzoyl peroxide washes and spot treatment as well as salicylic acid. You can also see your doctor, and there are other more effective methods.

In brief: No it can not
Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
Dr. Arnon Rubin