Infected insect bite on knee? Can a doctor prescribe something over the phone?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Maybe? no!

That insect bite on the knee may actually ber a community acquired staph infection, whcih may complicate into an infected bursitis.
Since clinical efficacy is measured by a decrease in swelling, erythema, pain, any ethical doctor would be appalled if the knee were not examined prior to prescribing an antibiotic.

In brief: Maybe? no!

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Insect bite

Any probable bacterial infection should be evaluated by your physician to determine the kind of antibiotic to be used.
I would never prescribe an antibiotic over the phone without evaluating the infection.

In brief: Insect bite

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: Most would not

I believe most doctors would not want to prescribe antibiotics over the phone and would want to see the area to confirm whether meds are needed.

In brief: Most would not

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Joseph Bouvier