Does exercise help with a hiatal hernia?

Indirectly, at best. A hiatal hernia, by definition, is an enlarged opening in the diaphragm muscle that separates the chest from abdominal cavity. It is often used interchangeably with gerd; while often both present, they are distinctly separate diseases. Exercise may indirectly help gerd by leading to weight loss but it will not improve the anatomical abnormality of a hiatal hernia.
No effect . Exercise cannot improve the anatomical defect of a hiatal hernia. However losing weight, if overweight or obese, may lessen reflux though the hiatal hernia through lesser external presssure.