Can mouth ulcers be the result of the flu or a morning sickness symptom?

Possibly. If the morning sickness is causing an acid condition in the mouth, this may affect the oral soft tissues, causing canker sores, especially if nutrition is suffering also. Add hormonal changes and stress and that may be the result. Stress from illness such as flu could also provoke this condition.
Yes and No. Many times mouth ulcers can be related to stress and immunosupression such as the flu or pregnancy. These can induce extra stress on the body which allows oportunistic lesions to manifest. So it may not be directly related to the flu or morning sickness, but it can come along with them.