What questions should I ask my doctor if I was just diagnosed with hepatitis?

Dr. Kristel Hunt
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: Etiology

hepatitis =inflammation, you want to know what the inflammation is caused by.
(viral hepatitis, fat, alcohol, etc). how best to modify your risk factors, and lifestyle changes you could/should make. and you want to know how much damage has been done - how much scarring there is, and how well is your liver functioning.

In brief: Etiology

Dr. Kristel Hunt
Dr. Kristel Hunt
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Hepatitis cause?

Hepatitis means 'inflammation' of the liver. It can have many cuases and, at times, more than one.
Viruses, alcohol fat, hereditary causes, medications or drugs, or other infections can all cause 'hepatitis'. It is important to understand the cause so you can be advised appropriately. Inflammation leads to scarring. Stage 4 of 4 scarring = cirrhosis (i.e. Alcohol not necessary)...

In brief: Hepatitis cause?

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Steven Seres