Any magic, special treatments for "aphthous ulcer" (canker sore)?

In brief: No Magic Cure

Researchers are not sure of the cause of aphthous ulcers.
There is no known preventive measure. Treatment is palliative with low level laser therapy able to relieve pain and accelerate healing with about 5 minutes of treatment. Biolase waterlase iplus or md works well in my practice, of the lasers I have tried.

In brief: No Magic Cure

Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Depends on cause

Aphthous stomatitis involving the common canker sore can occur in up to 15% of americans, and may involve some bacteria like staph epidermidis.
However, similar-appearing aphthous ulcers can be seen with herpes, crohn's disease, and other systemic disorders, if you have multiple aphthous ulcers or frequently recurring ones please have the lesions checked out.

In brief: Depends on cause

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano

In brief: Ointments

There are several prescription ointments for canker sores that sooth and heal.
There is also an ointment called kenalog (triamcinolone) in orabase that acts like an oral bandage to soothe and protect. You should consult your dentist.

In brief: Ointments

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman