Can you get adhesions on the opposite side of a removal of a part and tube? Seems my pain is where I still have an ovary and a 1.7 cyst there. Was told that was not causing pain?! feels different then IBS but it's iintermitten daily pain. Lap scheduled ju

Dr. J Roberts
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Yes...
Any violation of the peritoneal cavity can create "scar tissue, " otherwise known as adhesions.
Adhesions are formed by fibroblasts which, in response to trauma, secrete collagen. There is a product, sepra-film, on the maker that can be used by surgeons to mitigate adhesion formation.

In brief: Yes...
Dr. J Roberts
Dr. J Roberts
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery