Can a vaginal yeast infection be transmitted sexually? And if so, are symptoms the same for males and females? Same treatment?

Possible but limited. Men can contact a yeast infection and it can irritate locally but since the environment is so different the infection usually does off on its own in a day or so. They dont usually require treatment. Uncircumcised men can have more trouble with an infection but I usually have their partner use the cream and be intimate to treat both parties.
Yeast infections. Vaginal yeast infections can be transmitted from female to male - usually in the males case, they are uncircumcised. Candida needs a damp, dark place to establish itself and circumcised males do not provide that opportunity. Symptoms include itchiness and white discharge. Treatment for the male involves an antifungal like nystatin/lotrimen ointment and good hygeine.