I have had a dry cough for like two months now, and now it is accompanied by shortness of breath and constant mucus in the lungs, what could this be?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Be seen
It could be several things, from an infection to more chronic lung diseases.
If pneumonia, it sounded atypical at first, but you may be getting an infection on top of it. Emphysema (COPD) can act this way, as can asthma. Drug reactions can cause cough. Lung cancer also has to be considered. Shortness of breath is a serious problem and needs more evaluation.

In brief: Be seen
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Asthma
While there are a number of factors which could be causing your symptoms including an infection such as bronchitis, i think that the timing suggests that you are having symptoms of asthma.
I would recommend seeing your physician so a better history can be taken and appropriate treatment can be begun.

In brief: Asthma
Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology