Patients with gastric bypass can they gain weight back?

Yes. Regaining weight frequently happens. It used to be thought that it had to do with enlargement of the gastric pouch, but more recent studies suggest that it is related to a gradual widening of the gastrojejunal anastomosis (the joining between the stomach pouch and small intestine that is created).
Yea. Any bariatric surgery can fail if the patients do not make the necessary lifestyle changes to be successful long term.
Gastric bypass i. Patients who do not stick to the strict diet regimen required of that surgery can gain the weight back.