Is there a cure for chronic hepatitis b?

Yes and no. Most adult onset cases are acute and never become chronic ("get it, got it, had it"). Patients have essentially cleared infection , and remain immune. 95% of infections at birth (endemic regions for chronic carriers, e.g. Far east, africa, middle east) become and stay chronic. Depending on genotype, viral load, other factors patients may have better responses to meds to decrease, if not clear inf.
Tough. This is a very tough virus to get rid of. Many people get it at a young age so it is engrained into one's dna commonly. We do have good drugs nowadays to suppress the viral load and decrease long-term complications but they usually must be taken indefinitely.