I recently had a positive ANA test. My dr tested folupus but it was negative. I have all the symptoms except rash. Can u have a false neg lupus test?

Pathology
In brief: Keep working
Lupus is defined by a series of criteria, of which a strongly positive ANA is one.
No specific test turning out negative rules out lupus. Perhaps you were tested for anti-smith(sm), which if positive hands us the diagnosis but is only positive in 1 of 3 patients. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding or you can request consultation. Lupus requires great courage -- will be thinking of you.

In brief: Keep working
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology
In brief: Wrong question
There are many reasons for pos ana.
You did not give the titre, which is very important. Your question needs to be what causes whatever symptoms you have. See a rheumatologist. Be sure you get a blood test called esr.

In brief: Wrong question
There are many reasons for pos ana.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan