I've had 12 days of antibiotics and 6 days of steroids no better. I have asthma that only worsens when I get an infection.

Dr. Paul Williams
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: What symptoms?

If you are referring to your asthma not improving after this treatment, then perhaps you need a higher dose of steroids, or a different antibiotic, although most infections that cause asthma are not bacterial.
See your doctor to determine if the cough is due to asthma or the infection.

In brief: What symptoms?

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Poorly controlled

Without knowing what else you are taking/doing, what allergies you have, if you have reflux, if you are being exposed to dust/particulates, it is impossible to say what will get you better. If oral steroids are not working, however, get seen soon.
Mid your physician is not helping you, see an allergist or pulmonologist asap. If you can't breath, get thee to an er.

In brief: Poorly controlled

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Shontae Buffington