Why do I get blown effect in my stomach every time I eat fruits? Sometimes even diarrhea.

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Fructose malabsorb

Fructose malabsorption can cause G.
I. Symtoms every time you eat fruits. The usual symtoms are abdominal pain, gas, bloating and diarrhea. You do not have hereditary fructose intolerance (hfi) . People with hfi, a rare genetic disorder, lack an enzyme that breaks down fructose. This is serious disorder found @ infancy. You may have to avoid quantites of fruit, honey, table sugar, and sorbitol.

In brief: Fructose malabsorb

Fructose malabsorption can cause G.
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Michael Rommen

In brief: Build up tolerance

Fruit is rich in fiber, and fiber can cause you to have bloating.
This is more common with suddenly increasing the amount of fiber in your diet (like fruit). As for the diarrhea, fiber also reduces the time it takes food to travel through the gut. To help: drink more water, exercise more, and eat fruit (or other fibrous foods) more often.

In brief: Build up tolerance

Michael Rommen
Michael Rommen
Answer assisted by Michael Rommen, Medical Student
Dr. Steven Seres