I was born in 1992 with infant alcahol synddrome. Did they have the technology back then to know if I had heart problems? My heart usually skips beats when I lay on myleft side or just sitting down. When I stand up my heart races

Dr. Michael Dansie

In brief: Palpitations

If you are having palpitations, you may want to see your family physician to see if there is a heart problem. This can be diagnosed with an ekg.

In brief: Palpitations

Dr. Michael Dansie
Dr. Michael Dansie

In brief: No known linkage

Fetal alcohol syndrome was first described in the 1960's among offspring of alcoholic mothers, many of whom died from their affliction within a year.The full spectrum of heart related effects included a transient heart murmur & holes between the lower or upper chambers.
This was due to interference with heart development. Heartbeat issues are not part of the FAS description.

In brief: No known linkage

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology