Can I nurse my premature baby?

As your premi's status improves and feeding is started, your expressed breast milk can be used for early gastric tube feeding.
Sometimes they will mix this with material to increase the protein & calorie content. When some of the breathing support is removed and baby shows a good latch & swallow, you can feed in the unit. You can work with your OB & lactation consultant to boost your supply if low.

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes, and it is encouraged if possible.
If your baby is in the nicu or newborn nursery, there should be lactation consultants and/or breastfeeding counselors who can work with you and your newborn.

Yes, and it is encouraged if possible.
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Shontae Buffington