I have vitilligo, how can I cure it? What is the newest cure for it?

Dr. Shala Fardin
Dermatology

In brief: No cure yet, but..

The color loss in vitiligo is due to loss of pigment or pigment cells (melanocytes) in the skin.
Why this occurs is not entirely known. Transplantation of normal skin cells or grafting of normal skin can be effective, but isn't realistic for most people. Many other treatments (phototherapy, excimer laser, depigmentation, camouflage) can help, but there's no cure yet.

In brief: No cure yet, but..

Dr. Shala Fardin
Dr. Shala Fardin
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Vitiligo

The choice of therapy depends on the number of white patches; their location, sizes, and how widespread they are; and what you prefer in terms of treatment.
Each patient responds differently to therapy, and a particular treatment may not work for everyone. Current treatment options for vitiligo include medication, surgery, and adjunctive therapies (used along with surgical or medical treatments).

In brief: Vitiligo

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher