How will I know if I have hepatitis a?

Blood tests. There are several tests to show that you have hepatitis a, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea to the point of requiring hospitalization, but you would need a blood test. Hepatitis a is not what we would call a chronic disease, like hepatitis b or c can be. Many people do not know they had it, and there is a vaccination now that can prevent you from getting it! check it out with your doctor!
Blood test . Hepatitis a IgG antibody will detect prior exposure or vaccination. Hepatitis a IgM antibody will detect active infection.