Whats the difference between ptsd and borderline personality disorder?

Anxiety v. Character. Post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd) is an anxiety disorder initially caused by experiencing a traumatic event. Borderline personality disorder is a long-term pattern of inner experience and behavior that is quite different from the expectations of one's culture. This character pattern can be traced back at least to adolescence or early adulthood.
Co-occurrence. Dr smith already did a good job of explaining. I wanted to interject that both post traumatic stress disorder and borderline personality disorder are conditions that are associated with trauma. Thus there can be co-occurrence.
PTSD vs. Borderline. Several symptoms exist in both disorders, & both disorders may coexist together. Some symptoms that differentiate ptsd are; numbing of affect, exaggerated startle response, flashbacks & nightmares of a specific traumatic event.
PTSD vs BPD. Bpd is a very severe disorder and may be characterized by unstable moods and relationships, brief psychotic episodes, and other very serious symptoms. It is completely different from ptsd.