I have ADHD and they gave me something called atomoxetine? Do you think it will work?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Strattera (atomoxetine)

Key issue for effectiveness is regular daily use for several weeks.

In brief: Strattera (atomoxetine)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Second line

Atomoxetine is a second line medication for adhd.
It's used when stimulants or other meds are not helpful. It takes up to six months to see if it's effective, so your patience is important. Most of the time stratttera works best in combination with other drugs.

In brief: Second line

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
I use Atomoxetine or Strattera as a first line agent for people with ADHD and anxiety and/or depression since it works like an antidepressant (its a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.) Its effect on ADD sx can be seen within days of attaining an adequate dose, but it is often titrated from small doses. The antianxiety and antidepressant effects can take longer. It also has the advantage of not being a controlled drug with abuse potential
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: Try it and see

Unfortunately, human evolution has not progressed to point where we can use barcode scanners (including genetic profiles) to enable us to predict in advance of usage, whether a medication, previously untried will succeed or not.
So, trial and error here.

In brief: Try it and see

So, trial and error here.
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Strattera (atomoxetine)

If your doctor recommends it, it's worth a try.
Follow the capsule card over next month if given samples.

In brief: Strattera (atomoxetine)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Jonathan Jassey