I have ADHD and they gave me something called atomoxetine? Do you think it will work?

Strattera (atomoxetine) Key issue for effectiveness is regular daily use for several weeks.
Second line . Atomoxetine is a second line medication for adhd. It's used when stimulants or other meds are not helpful. It takes up to six months to see if it's effective, so your patience is important. Most of the time stratttera works best in combination with other drugs.
Try it and see. Unfortunately, human evolution has not progressed to point where we can use barcode scanners (including genetic profiles) to enable us to predict in advance of usage, whether a medication, previously untried will succeed or not. So, trial and error here.
Strattera (atomoxetine) If your doctor recommends it, it's worth a try. Follow the capsule card over next month if given samples.