Can adderral make your depression worse, if you had mild depression too?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Hmmm
Many adults with adhd have comorbid depression or anxiety.
Both of those comorbidities can be worsened by the dopaminergic effects of stimulants. When undergoing an assessment for adhd, discovering & treating comorbidities is at the top of the list. Dr joe biederman of the harvard psychopharmacology unit once said "adhd is the fertile garden from which all comorbidities grow!".

In brief: Hmmm
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can worsen mood disorder symptoms.
Conversely, in some cases Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can actually help symptoms of depression. I recommend you talk about this further with your prescriber.

Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Eric Weisman