Do people with attention deficit disorder have an over active imagination or an overactive brain that lacks imagination?

Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Neither
The amount of imagination is not directly related to adhd at all.
Imagination among those with adhd varies similar to the general population. The problems with adhd are more accurately thought of as difficulty sticking with a certain imaginative idea through to fruition without other imaginative ideas intruding in and distracting the person. I hope this exanation helps!

In brief: Neither
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: ADD ADHD
Symptom criteria are: inattention, hyperactivity, impulsiveness.
Diagnosis are: clinical, medical, developmental, educational and psychologic evaluations. There are many factors that contribute to the DX of add or adhd not only the brain function.

In brief: ADD ADHD
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Eric Weisman