Can I still spread the disease even if I am being treated for hepatitis?

Dr. John Fung
Surgery
Yes, if you are still being treated, you likely harbor some viable virus in your body.
Depending on the type of viral hepatitis, the precautions are different. For hepatitis a and b, oral precautions are necessary, whereas for hepatitis b and c, the virus is spread by inoculation, thus avoid sharing needles or razors.

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
Although there are many excellent therapies for hepatitis b and c, unless the therapies have completely suppressed and eradicated the virus from your blood and body, you are still considered infected.
There may be, however, a time after therapy that you are "cured" and thus not considered infectious.

Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Adam Smith