Should I opt for scoliosis surgery and who does it?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

Scoliosis surgery is traditionally performed by orthopedic surgeons.
The decision whether or not to pursue surgery for scoliosis is based on multiple factors, including the size of the curve. I would encourage you to make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon and discuss the options for treating your case. Thank you for the question.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Depend

If you are an adolescent your back evaluation will determine the aggressiveness of your treatment .
You may require close follow up to determine if your curve is progressing. Physical therapy with certain exercises may help.Bracing may be of benefit. If adult your degree of pain, neurological deficit comorbidities will determine your surgical needs. Seek the help of a spinal surgeon.

In brief: Depend

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Steven Seres