What is spondylosis lumbar spine like?

It varies. For many folks it is painless. It is simply part of the aging process. Depending on your genes, some degeneration begins during the teen years; everyone has some by the mid 60s. In other folks, spondylosis can be associated with pain, stiffness, nerve compression and symptoms like leg pain, numbness, tingling, weakness, trouble walking, even trouble controlling the bladder or bowels.
Normal aging process. Spondylosis implies degenerative changes of the spine joints. It is expected that as you go from age 10 to 20 to 40 to 60 to 80, amount of spondylosis increases. It is normal aging, and expected. Like skin wrinkles, like gray hair, like wearing of a tire on your car as you drive on it, like the sole of your shoe wearing. Everyone will have it, and it progresses as you get older.