Chances of getting disability benefits because of scoliosis?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See below
The diagnosis of scoliosis does not automatically qualify one for disability benefits.
It really depends on how that scoliosis is impacting the persons life and whether or not it prevents someone from gainful employment. Most people with scoliosis are able to work in my experience. Some people with scoliosis may not be able to work very physical jobs.

In brief: See below
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Unlikely
For most people with idiopathic scoliosis, this is a condition with no to minimal symptoms depending on the size and location of the curve in your back.
Even after surgery, most people resume the preop functional status they had once healed.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Vicken Poochikian