Chances of getting disability benefits because of scoliosis?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

The diagnosis of scoliosis does not automatically qualify one for disability benefits.
It really depends on how that scoliosis is impacting the persons life and whether or not it prevents someone from gainful employment. Most people with scoliosis are able to work in my experience. Some people with scoliosis may not be able to work very physical jobs.

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Unlikely

For most people with idiopathic scoliosis, this is a condition with no to minimal symptoms depending on the size and location of the curve in your back.
Even after surgery, most people resume the preop functional status they had once healed.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Keegan Duchicela