Can my baby give me a yeast infection while breastfeeding?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

Yes, baby can transmit the yeast from its mouth to your breast tissue.
In addition, the act of breastfeeding predisposes to yeast infections as tissue that is covered (bra), dark, warm and moist will often yield an infection. Obviously, with breastfeeding, all those things occur and infections are not uncommon. Call your doctor if you feel there is a problem.

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Nanette Nuessle

If your infant has thrush, a yeast infection in his mouth, he can transmit that to your breasts during breastfeeding.
Early treatment of thrush can prevent this. Thrush consists of pearly white bumps inside your infants mouth. It is easily treated in both baby and mother.

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Dr. Adam Levy