Are there similar symptoms of MS and nerve damage in the back?

Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: I suppose

I suppose you could say that but nerve pain from a specific spinal nerve is usually more well defined and produce more acute pain than ms.

In brief: I suppose

In brief: Potentially

Back pain has many causes, and MS is an infrequent cause of back pain, but can occur, even a sciatica-like radiation down a leg.
More often in my experience, back pain is a co-morbidity, and needs to be separately evaluated. Also, have seen transient back pain in a few patients due to the MS drug, Gilenya (fingolimod).

In brief: Potentially

Dr. Arnon Rubin