What is the distinction between hemorrhoids and colon cancer?

See below. Hemorrhoids are normal benign veins of the anal canal that may enlarge or bleed. They are not cancerous. Colon cancer is a malignant tumor that can occur anywhere in the colon or large intestine.
ALOT. Hemorrhoids are normal vascular structures around the anus and lower rectum. Colon cancer is the result of abnormal groth of cancer cells. It should be diagnosed early and treated properly or it may shorten your life. Hemorrhoids rarely will shorten your life but they can make it a bit uncomfortable.