What are the surgical treatment options for hemorrhoids?

In brief: Many choices

If lesser degree, then can be treated with infra-red or banding in the office; for more complex ones there is traditional excisional surgery with some variations and then there pph using stapling device and thd which uses ultrasound and suturing.

In brief: Many choices

Dr. Chand Rohatgi
Dr. Chand Rohatgi
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Several

For 2nd and 3rd degree, rubber banding for internals is an option in select patients.
For3rd and 4th degree internals, standard hemorrhoidectomy is in my opinion the best. There are some newer techniques such as stapling, laser, and u/s venous ligation, but the gold standard done in the right patients is the standard surgical hemorrhoidectomy using a scalpel in my opinion.

In brief: Several

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan