Can drinking a lot of cokes and not enough water cause dehydration?

Unlikely. While the caffeine in the coke will make you pee more, it will not necessarily dehydrate you.People consume water value in a number of items other than straight water.Apple sauce, peaches,pears, etc are about 90% water,while most fresh vegetables are 60%.You could go all your life and never drink straight water & still keep up with your hydration status.
Not enough water. Coke and similar beverages have caffeine. Caffeine has diuretic effect making you urinate more. You could dehydrate if you drink too much coke and not enough water on a very hot day.