I've six fingers in my hand , can I get a better hand through plastic surgery?

Dr. Adam Schaffner
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Extra finger

It is possible to remove an extra finger on your hand.
It is important to have your hand evaluated by an experienced hand surgeon. This will include imaging studies as well as a thorough history and physical examination.

In brief: Extra finger

Dr. Adam Schaffner
Dr. Adam Schaffner
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

This is a very common procedure done by well-trained plastic surgeons.
The options for correction should be discussed with an plastic surgeon or ortopedic surgeon with special interest in reconstructive hand surgery. Be well.

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Polydactyly Surgery

If your extra finger is fuctional and developed including an extra metacarpal (hand bone) surgery is more difficult and may not give you a "better" hand.
If your extra finger is a small nonfunctioning extra digit by you pinky finger, the surgery to remove it is not as involved and will probably give you a "better" hand. This is especially true if your extra finger just gets in the way.

In brief: Polydactyly Surgery

Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: What is better?

Some extra fingers are functional, others are just extra appendages.
Depending upon appearance, hand surgery may improve function and/or appearance. Consult a hand surgeon to evaluate your options.

In brief: What is better?

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II