Does getting pregnant on birth control pills cause fetal malformation?

Dr. Amr Azim
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Not proven

Although that was suspected in the past (vactrel complex) and virilization of female baby, this all was not proven.
Short answer is no.

In brief: Not proven

Short answer is no.
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Likely not

An enormous number of pregnancies on birth control pills have now been logged over the past 50 years of use.
The rate is very low and would depend on the timeframe of the pregnancy and exposure. Organogenesis is from approx 5-9 weeks of pregnancy from the first day of last period. I would always recommend a consult with high risk OB for them to give you the specifics based on your individual.

In brief: Likely not

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Cindy Juster