My shrink acts like all emotional problems are connected to my relationship with my mother?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Psychotherapy

If you think your therapist is putting too much emphasis on your relationship with your mother be fort coming and tell him or her exactly how you feel.
Your therapist needs your input for a successful therapy outcome. You have the right to express your differences as this makes for a smooth therapy experience. Best.

In brief: Psychotherapy

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: A big influence

Relationships with our primary caretakers are our first learning about getting along in the world & with others.
This happens long before we have the capacity for abstract reasoning. We literally take in our mother or mothering one. Many of our adult emotional patterns can be traced back in this way; insight allows us to choose different ways of relating if we see the benefit of changing them.

In brief: A big influence

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Our early

Relationships with our parents play a large part in many emotional problems.
If you do not agree with your shrink's interpretations, tell them. Talk to them, sometimes this will lead to important discoveries of additional reasons for emotional problems. Let them know how you feel and see what you discover.

In brief: Our early

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Vicken Poochikian