Can lasik correct an amblyopia?

No. There is no surgical procedure that will correct amblyopia. In fact, in my opinion, lasik surgery should never be done in a patient with amblyopia. This advice is from a surgeon who has done thousands of lasik procedures.
Yes. Published studies have shown that 80 percent of people with amblyopia have an improvement in vision after lasik. The best results are obtained when the amblyopia is refractive in nature. Other reasons of amblyopia like corneal opacity cataract, pfv, retinoblastoma, optic nerve problems have to be excluded.