There anyone with personal experience treating retinal cysts?

May not be necessary. Cysts of the pars plana area of the retina generally do not require treatment. Macular cysts and holes need to be evaluated and treated by a retinal surgeon. A victrectomy and tissue glue may be necessary. This can be major surgery. Cystoid macular edema is a swelling of the macula that may occur after trauma or surgery, especially cataract surgery. It is usually treated with meds or surgery.