Are hemorrhoids transmitted genetically?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Probably not
However eating and drinking habits of parents are picked up by their children as they look to parents as role models and hence if parents had hemorrhoid issues, many times the offspring will as well.
Seeing dad reading on the toilet for 30 minutes is thus considered normal when the children become adults. It is not normal nor good for the hemorrhoids.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eduardo Krajewski
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: YES!
Hemorrhoids are part of your normal anatomy.
You were born with them. As a matter of fact, we all have hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids don't constitute a disease unless symptomatic. What are the symptoms hemorrhoids can cause? Well, it depends on the type, but they can include bleeding, itching, discharge, pain, prolapse, anemia, anal lumps and swelling, etc. I hope this helps answering your question.

In brief: YES!
Dr. Eduardo Krajewski
Dr. Eduardo Krajewski