Do you think I should find a different eye doctor for my next examination? The one I saw skipped retinal exam

Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Ophthalmology

In brief: Yes.

If you see an eye doctor for routine annual eye examination you should expect to receive a complete eye examination.
An eye examination that does not include dilation of both eyes for a thorough review of the internal, posterior aspects of your eyes (retina, macula, optic nerve) is an incomplete eye examination. Definitely find another eye doctor for your next examination.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Dr. Leto Quarles

In brief: Depends

With current technology, many generally healthy non-diabetic people without uncontrolled high blood pressure or known eye disease can have a retinal exam every 2-3 years.
But, if you are not comfortable with the way your eye doctor communicates and shares information with you, or don't feel like you are getting answers to your questions, that is also a reason to consider switching docs.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine