Should I buy some of those online gimmicks for stopping the snoring so I can finally get some sleep?

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry
In brief: Depends
Depends on the severity.
If you are just a primary snorer, some of those things can work. For instance, they make sleep shirts that have tennis balls on the back to you have to sleep on your side. Also try eliminating any alcohol or sedatives prior to bedtime. Losing weight can help too. But if you are a robust snorer, you might have sleep apnea. This is more serious. See your md for a sleep study.

In brief: Depends
Depends on the severity.
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: No
You should be seen by a sleep specialist for a thorough evaluation of your sleep.
This can be an ENT (otolaryngologist), a neurologist, or a pulmonologist.

In brief: No
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Eric Weisman