How should I deal with a snoring problem in my bf?

Consult a doctor. Will need a sleep study to determine if sleep apnea is present. A cat scan of the face and throat is recommended to determine areas of obstruction. Consider consulting with an ENT and an oral surgeon. Your family doctor can provide the sleep study test and CPAP machine for you. Also consider looking into an oral appliance.
Needs to be seen. He should be seen by a sleep specialist for a thorough evaluation of his sleep. This can be an ENT (otolaryngologist), a neurologist, or a pulmonologist.